In some cases, you may have an existing device that you wish to re-purpose as a replacement. There are two ways to change the identity of this device:
- If you have access to the machine via SSH or a screen and keyboard, you can simply uninstall the existing agent, and then following the normal procedure for Replacing a broken device with a new device
- If you only have access via the existing agent, you can replace the certificate "on the fly" and restart the agent remotely
Replacing the certificate
- Open the target workgroup and browse to Devices
- Open the menu for the broken device and select "Reissue certificate"
- Select the option "Download a certificate pack containing the updated certificate"
- Click Download
- Make sure the replacement device is online
- OPTIONAL: If required, change to the workgroup containing the replacement device and browse to Devices
- Open the menu for the replacement device and select "Move workgroup"
- Click the Browse button and open the Certificate Pack you downloaded in Step 2
- Click Move
- The replacement device will go offline and then re-appear as the old device
- If there are any errors during the process, the changes will roll back and the replacement device will come back online so that you can try again.