PLEASE OBSERVE ALL MANUFACTURER SAFETY AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Ensure you have read a copy of the manufacturer operating and safety manual. The latest copy may be obtained from the manufacturer website Solarmax website
“SolarMax Guideline MaxComm” + the relevant Operating Manual
2. Also: You will need a 12-15V DC power supply, but only for the C-series inverters, MaxConnect plus, MaxVisio, MaxMeteo, MaxCount products.
3. Read the “SolarMax Guideline MaxComm” document Page 12 Figure 8. Look at the green and red RS485 connections. The C-series inverters, MaxConnect plus, MaxVisio, MaxMeteo, MaxCount require 15Volt power to the RS485 circuit. All other Solarmax products do not require 15 volts to power the RS485 cards.
4. See Chapter 5 of the “SolarMax Guideline MaxComm”. Only connect lines 7 and 8 (RS485 – RJ45 plugs) to the local device. So Pin 7 (Marked 'A' on the Solarmax inverter) goes to “485+” or “D+”, and Pin 8 (Marked 'B' on the Solarmax inverter) goes to “485-” or “D-”. Do not connect any other cables. These are the green cables shown in the figure below. So to say again: Only connect the green data cables to the local device, not the power cables.
(only for C-series inverters, MaxConnect plus, MaxVisio, MaxMeteo, MaxCount)
5. As per Page 10 Paragraph 5.1.1 of “SolarMax Guideline MaxComm”, you need to connect 12/15Volts DC to Pins 1 and 2, and Connect GND to Pins 3 and 4. See also Figure 8 on Page 12 of the same document. The diagram is shown below. Note that 15 or 12Volts external power must be supplied to the inverters. These are the red wires shown below. So to say again: External 12 or 15 Volt DC Power must be supplied to the RS485 cards on the Solarmax, or it will not work.
5. Don't forget to allocate a unique RS485 address to all inverters.
6. If Ardexa is completing your plugin configuration, please don't forget to send:
a. Clear photographs of both ends of the RS485 cable termination (to the first inverter)
c. The number and models of connected inverters
d. The unique RS485 or IP addresses of the inverters
e. The name of the site.