PLEASE OBSERVE ALL MANUFACTURER SAFETY AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Ensure you have read a copy of the manufacturer operating and safety manual. The latest copy may be obtained from the manufacturer website Kostal website
Please review “KOSTAL PIKO Inverter 4.2 | 5.5 | 7.0 | 8.3 | 10.1 Installation and Operating Manual”
2. Refer to “KOSTAL PIKO Inverter 4.2 | 5.5 | 7.0 | 8.3 | 10.1 Installation and Operating Manual” Page 24. If you are using a different inverter type, then obtain the correct Operating Manual or contact Ardexa
3. Kostal PIKO Inverters will communicate with the local device directly via Ethernet, NOT RS485. But note: The first inverter is connected via Ethernet crossover, and then all other inverters are connected via RS485. This has been confirmed directly by the manufacturer. See Page 24, Figure 32 of the “KOSTAL PIKO Inverter 4.2 | 5.5 | 7.0 | 8.3 | 10.1 Installation and Operating Manual” document.
4. Connect all inverters together using A/B/GND using RS485. See the paragraph that says “Connecting RS485” on Page 31.
Inverter Software Configuration
5. Page 33, Figure 52 shows the software configurations to be made. Each inverter on the site must have a unique RS485 address. Also, the first inverter that is connected to the local device via the Ethernet crossover must have static (Manual IP Configuration) address. Recommend an address in the range 192.168.44.1-255, with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0
6. If Ardexa is completing your plugin configuration, please don't forget to send:
a. Clear photographs of both ends of the RS485 cable termination (to the first inverter)
c. The number and models of connected inverters
d. The unique RS485 or IP addresses of the inverters
e. The name of the site.