PLEASE OBSERVE ALL MANUFACTURER SAFETY AND OPERATION INSTRUCTIONS
1. Ensure you have read a copy of the manufacturer operating and safety manual. The latest copy may be obtained from the manufacturer website ABB Document Library (website)
Please review document “ABB POWERONE TRIO-20.0-27.6-TL-OUTD-Product manual EN-RevE(M000001EG)”. If you are using a different inverter type, then obtain the correct Operating Manual or contact Ardexa.
2. The firmware on the Inverter (via the front panel) must be set. On Page 95 of the Product Manual “ABB POWERONE TRIO-20.0-27.6-TL-OUTD-Product manual EN-RevE(M000001EG)” are instructions on how to change the settings of the inverter. There are 3 settings that must be set, as follows:
a. Go to the “Address” section of settings on Page 96. Each inverter must have a unique address. It MUST NOT be set to Auto. Addresses should be in the range 2-63, and they must be unique to all inverters. Note the addresses for each inverter, since Ardexa will need this information.
b. Go to the “PMU RS485” section of settings on Page 101. The protocol in “PMU RS485” must be set to “Aurora” and the baud rate must be set to “19200”.
Connecting RS485 Cables
3. Connect all inverters together using T/R+, T/R- and GND using RS485. See the communications card figure on page 65 of the attached manual. Inverters need to be “daisy chained” using either the RJ45 PMU sockets J5 and J6, or via the J4 tag that says “PMU”. If using RJ45 (remember its not Ethernet, but it uses an Ethernet cable), the inverters should be connected together and If you are using Ethernet/RJ45 terminated cables, then take out Pins 3 (+T/R), Pin 5 (-T/R) and Pin 7 (GND COM) as per Page 71 to connect to the local device. Connect +T/R to Data+ on the local device, -T/R to Data – and Ground to GND.
4. Make sure the S2 switch (PMU Termination resistance) is set in the OFF position. But for the last inverter in the RS485 daisy chain it must be set to ON. If there is only 1 inverter, it must be set to ON.
5. If Ardexa is completing your plugin configuration, please don't forget to send:
a. Clear photographs of both ends of the RS485 cable termination (to the first inverter)
c. The number and models of connected inverters
d. The unique RS485 or IP addresses of the inverters
e. The name of the site.