Ardexa machine appears to be offline and we need to find the root cause. There are a variety of possible causes:
Network is down (Including Internet is down, Internet contract expired, etc)
- Power supply to the network components is interrupted.
Network configuration has changed (including addressing protocols changed, firmware settings changed, firewall updates, software updates in components, etc.)
- There is a defective hardware element (router, switch, etc) in the network
- The device hosting the Ardexa Agent has failed
- Digital certificates required to access the Ardexa Cloud have expired
While there are many ways to approach this issue, we suggest the following steps:
Step A - Connect to the Internet using your laptop to confirm that Internet is available on the network. If successful, causes 1, 2 and 4 are eliminated.
Step B - Reboot Ardexa device. If device does not come online within 5 minutes, proceed to the next step.
Step C - USB tether the Ardexa device to connect the device to the cloud (USB tethering procedure). If device connects, then causes 5 and 6 are eliminated.
Step D- Consult IT Administrator to ensure that device and network configurations match. The most common issues to investigate relate to routing and/or DNS access, including:
- changed gateway addresses
- changed firewall settings (connecting an Ardexa device to the Internet)
- DHCP server has been removed/changed
- IP subnet has been changed
Step E - If device still remains offline, please contact Ardexa Support or Ardexa Account Manager. Before contacting Ardexa, please have the following items ready:
- display and keyboard connected to the Ardexa device
- any changed network settings, recent firmware upgrades, passwords or user IDs
- a copy of the current network configuration