This article provides instructions to move a device from one workgroup (the "Current") to another workgroup (the "Target"). Before you commence, you must confirm that:
- you have appropriate privileges in both the "Current" and "Target" Workgroups, and
- the device to be moved is connected to the Internet, and
- you do not need the historical data associated with the device, as historical data cannot be relocated to the Target Workgroup.
If these conditions are met, then proceed as follows:
- Go to the Target Workgroup and create a new device. Give the new device a name and then tick the box 'certificate only'. Then select 'Create'.
The new certificate associated with the Target Workgroup has been created and downloaded onto your PC.
- Go to the Current Workgroup > Devices menu. Dropdown the menu on the device to be moved and select 'Move Workgroup'.
- Browse on your computer for the downloaded certificate pack.
- Select "Move"
- Wait until the device is automatically moved. The device will go online in the Target Workgroup and go offline in the Current Workgroup.
- Once the device comes online in the Current Workgroup, Test that the relocated device is responding well using Remote Shell.
- Please confirm that you are happy to delete device historical data in the "Current Workgroup". If not do not proceed any further.
- Once you confirm that you are happy to delete historical data, then delete the device from the "Current Workgroup" using the same dropdown as before.
The procedure is complete.